Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Creations

Christmas is crazy for everyone, not just the big guy in red! Hence the tardiness of posts here. But brace yourselves for an onslaught of new recipes for you to drool over, experiment with and most of all enjoy!!

I hope you had a very merry Christmas and wishing you a great 2013! :)


I can't wait for more baking, eating!! :D , blog posts and radio shows! I know everyone thinks of January as diet time, but surely it's just a time to use up all of the Christmas chocolate that's left over?! ;)

Here's a sneak peak of what kept me so busy in the days leading up to Christmas!!





As you can tell I love gift-wrapping... I missed my calling as an elf!! At 5'1'' I would have been perfect! Baking cookies and wrapping presents all day long while chewing on candy canes... sounds like my kinda life!!

Homemade cards made from coloured paper and tissue giftwrap were an entertaining project! The tissue paper was a fiddly material but gave a beautiful stained glass window effect, accented with strips of ribbon on some cards. 

I used patterned tissue paper as a background on the Rudolph card, then some regular brown paper for Rudie's face, some red wrapping paper for his infamous nose, white paper for his eyes (with some felt tip pen for pupils!) and gold ribbon strips for his antlers. The ho ho ho message at the bottom was another strip of tissue paper. I loved this card as it turned out much better than I had anticipated! :)




Thank you for your support in 2012 and wishing you a Happy New Year!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment