Maltesers had already proved to make delicious cookies and I thought the caramel Chomp bars would be lovely and gooey! Bonus points: these bars take less effort than cookies!
Here's what you need to make a 6x6 tray of cookie bars:
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3 funsize bags of Maltesers
4 funsize Chomp bars
- Line a 6x6 tray with baking parchment, snipping at the corners so it fits properly.
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees Celcius.
- In a plastic bag, bash at the Maltesers with a mallet until broken (not crushed).
- Chop Chomp bars into small pieces.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until combined.
- Add vanilla and egg, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- On a slow setting, add the chocolate chips and Chomp and Malteser pieces.
- Place dough into prepared tin.
- Bake for about 50minutes or until cooked through and golden brown in colour.
- Allow to cool in tin before slicing.
Come back for more Autumnal recipes this week!
Stay sweet! x