Without a doubt this is the best thing I have ever baked! These are beyond delicious!
I adapted the recipe found here. This literally took five minutes from stove top to oven, so they are a quick treat to whip up!
For perfect flapjacks you will need...
- 8oz rolled oats
- 4oz margarine
- 4oz brown sugar
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- Half packet glace cherries, chopped
- Handful miniature chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9 tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 180degrees Celsius.
- Melt margarine, sugar and syrup over a medium heat.
- Empty pan into a mixing bowl. Quickly add oats, cherries and chocolate chips.
- Mix until binded. Work quickly or the chips will melt.
- Pour into baking tin and flatten using spatula or back of spoon. Ideally it should be between 1/2-3/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brown. Don't overbake or they will be too dry!