I ran a little over time on the show so didn't get to mention a few things!...
- Don't forget about veg! Nothing beats carrot sticks for a healthy snack, but be inventive!
- Instead of having chips or fries with your dinner try thinly slicing sweet potato, rubbing with olive oil and baking for 20 mins! So delicious!!
- When baking, make room for some lighter varieties of ingredients! Philadelphia light is a great alternative for desserts, especially cheesecakes.
- Greek yoghurt with some oat cookies and fruit would be a fab pick-me-up dessert at the end of a long day too!
- Banana sliced on toast is one of the most delicious snacks and is a great alternative to cookies!
- Don't disregard Nutella, or hazlenut spread on toast as it's a great way to kick cocoa cravings to the kerb!
I'd love to hear some of your suggestions for healthier alternatives to your favourite foods!
I think the main thing is not to overly focus on the dreaded d word, and make fun changes to everyday! Don't berate yourself for not going to the gym, but go for a brisk walk after dinner instead. Choose a healthier snack over something more indulgent and you'll feel the better for it. :)
Below you will find the recipe for perfect...
Banana Crumb Muffins
Stay sweet! x