I was always mystified by these American Girl Scout cookies so I took the plunge and baked some up! Think of an After Eight mint, in cookie form. *salivates* These are decadent, and reminiscent of the After Eight Cupcakes I featured here for St. Patrick's Day!
The best part is these are made with cookies, left over from yesterday's post sans buttercream.
I got this chocolate in ALDI for 89c if I remember correctly? It's fab! Great for melting down, tastes amazing and not overtly bitter like some high cocoa chocolate!
Some recipes advised using a fork to dip the cookies into chocolate (by resting on the fork like rice, not spearing the cookies) but I found it easier to dip one cookie in, slather it up and rub off the excess chocolate onto another cookie! Messy and yummy! Definitely fun to do with kids!
Single homemade Oreo cookies *without buttercream*
1 bar of 74% cocoa solids chocolate
- Melt chocolate in short bursts in the microwave, stirring often (or over a double boiler if you prefer).
- Add in 1/4tsp peppermint essence, stir, taste.
- Add in more peppermint if you wish. *Be careful!! This is deceivingly potent!*
- Dip in your cookies, covering with chocolate on both sides and allow to dry on wax paper.
So, that's the end of the Week of Cookies here on Milis! I can't wait to do something similar next year! Again, if you missed any posts you can find the link below.
- Week of Cookies featuring tips, Nutella Pillow Cookies, Snickerdoodles, Nutella 3 Ingredient Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Jammy Dodger Hearts
- Vanilla Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Scrumptious Oat-Rolled Cookies
- Marshmallow Malteser Cookies
- Ory's Oreos
Which are your favourites? Let me know in the comments box! :)
Stay sweet! x