I wanted to make a new cookie and my boyfriend had recently asked if I could put marshmallows into brownies, so with that in mind I created this bad boy!
I used the successful cookie dough from the Nutella Pillow Cookies, added in some broken up Maltesers and chopped marshmallows at the last minute (I gently mixed these in using a dessert spoon) et voila!
These are not for the faint-hearted! The marshmallow brings a sweet candy-floss like flavour to them, but the Maltesers added great depth to the cookies and I will definitely be using them again to flavour recipes in the future!
You will need:
1 1/2 Cup Self-Raising Flour, sieved
1/2 Cup Butter at Room Temp.
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Medium Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Marshmallows (Mini, halved)
1 Cup Maltesers (Bashed)
- Preheat your oven to 170degrees Celcius.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the sugars and butter until fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract while beating.
- Once incorporated, turn off mixer.
- Sift in 1/4 cup of flour. Beat until incorporated.
- Repeat step four twice more so that all of the flour is added.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on the cookies before baking, this really adds depth to the flavour.
- Bake for 14minutes, until slightly golden at the edges but still spongey/soft in the middle. These cookies continue to cook once you remove them from the oven so DO NOT OVERBAKE. Removing them any later than 16minutes will result in rock hard, inedible cookies trust me! Allow the marshmallows to caramelise but not burn.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray for 5-10minutes.
- Remove onto a wire rack.
Come back tomorrow for delicious dark cookies!
Stay sweet! x