Plus, I think kids would enjoy making these as there's a bit of fun to be had with the oats!
These came courtesy of Mary Berry's The Baking Bible (with a few alterations). I implore you to take time out of your weekend and enjoy these with a cup of tea!
You will need
8oz Butter (softened)
6oz Caster Sugar
2 large Egg yolks
Few drops Vanilla Extract
10oz Self-Raising Flour
2oz Old-fashioned Porridge Oats (on a separate plate)
12 Glacé Cherries (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 190degrees Celcius (fan-assisted) or 170degrees Celcius (minus the fan!)
- Line trays with baking parchment.
- Chop cherries into 3-4 pieces, whatever's easiest for you!
- Mix together butter, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and flour.
- Form little balls out of the dough.
- Roll these balls in the oats until covered.
- Place in tray, flatten slightly and top with a piece of cherry.
- Bake for 20minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool on trays for a few minutes before removing to wire rack.
Come back tomorrow for another fab cookie recipe!
Have a great Saturday and stay sweet! x