Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Great Gatsby

My boyfriend is a total movie buff- he has to arrive about forty-five minutes beforehand (not a bad rule considering I'm chronically late to everything!) I was so excited to go see The Great Gatsby that I didn't even protest this rule... Especially when he threw in dinner! ;) 


The Great Gatsby is AMAZING! It has me yearning for the Roaring Twenties! I'm a huge fan of Baz Luhrmann! I think Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge were both epic! I love the juxtaposition of modern music with a historic theme. I think it reflects how the themes are timeless- it's just the context that changes.

Down to business... To find out how to recreate the fabulous scene below, tune in here!
This is possibly my favourite show to date, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Bonus points: you'll get a teaser of The Great Gatsby soundtrack!





I can't wait to read F. Scott Fitzgerald's book now. I usually read novels before watching the film adaptation but I changed track this time. What did you think of the movie? Or the book? 

If you're interested in having a night time soirée, check out this blog post for some inspiration... Don't forget to put the Moët on ice!

Have a Great weekend, I'm off to party like Gatsby ;)

Stay sweet, ole sport! x


Update: Just finished the novel, by far my favourite novel of the year! Short, sweet, scrumptiously written and so tragic. A head-spinner surely if you haven't seen the movie but I love how the story has stood the test of time. Dix points, ole sport! ;) x

No comments:

Post a Comment