Monday, July 29, 2013

Rolo-Studded Biscoff Blondies

After watching almost two seasons of Gossip Girl while resting with the flu  this weekend I have no doubt that Little Jenny Humphrey would approve of Studded Blondies ;)

Last Thursday I shared with everyone my love of Lotus Spread, now it's time to see what you can create with this super special secret ingredient!


What I love most about this recipe is how quick it is, and wait for it... For mixing it only takes one bowl and a spoon! Oh yes!! 

I looked at some recipes which paired white chocolate with the salivating spread (too rich, I thought!) Others took loads of extra ingredients which I wasn't in the mood for (recipes that call for one egg plus an egg yolk infuriate me, what can I do with that egg yolk?!?!) So I adapted a few basic blondie recipes to come up with this beauty! 

Before any  purists get on their soapboxes, yes I am aware that there's no white chocolate in here so technically they're probably Biscoffies! ;) But they have the fab texture of a brownie with far less butter and sugar thanks to the texture of Lotus Spread. Also, chocolate-haters and plain Janes loved this creation so it will please everyone you come across... Hopefully!









You will need:
1 Cup self-raising flour (sieved)
1/3 Cup butter
1 Cup light brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
1 Tsp vanilla extract (not pictured above because I'm a silly goose!)
3 Tbsps Lotus Smooth Spread 
2 Rolls Rolos

  1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
  2. Line 9x9 pan with baking parchment.
  3. Melt butter in a large mixing bowl in the microwave until partially melted.
  4. Stir in the brown sugar until mixed.
  5. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix.
  6. Gently fold in the sieved flour, adding the flour gradually. This will form a thick batter, do not overmix!
  7. Gently fold in the Rolos, saving a few...
  8. Pour into the pan. Top with remaining Rolos.
  9. Bake for 25 mins, they will look soft and rather pale but will have almost doubled in size and will harden upon cooling.
  10. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
So, take forty-five minutes out of your week and bake these!! Please let me know what you think of the recipe, and of course, Lotus Spread! 

Stay sweet! x


No comments:

Post a Comment