So for all of you battling the study month blues here are some ideas for study-fuel food and also, comfort eating after a long day in the library!!
I also love College Candy's stress-busting guide! Number ten is always a winner, especially if you play B.O.B. ft. Rivers Cuomo, 'Magic'. Absolutely epic! So motivating!
- I love having a big bowl of fruit salad after going swimming/for a run, it'll make you feel really healthy and set you up for a good day's study!
- If you do sleep in, it's inevitable over the course of the month! Don't berate yourself, get up, shower, make an indulgent brunch- pancakes, or French toast! Or take an hour to bake muffins/granola that you can use for the week. Relax, and then tear into the revision!
- Buy coloured paper, and pens and make notes using imagery and mindmaps, this is a tried-and-tested method for people with dyslexia and I think it's great!
- Don't highlight an entire book, just buzzwords.
- Start revising by writing everything you know out on a page. Then reduce your notes to just sentences that lead to paragraphs, keep going reducing it down to buzzwords.
- Have a sheet full of quotations (especially if you study English/History!) that you can cram into your head just before entering the exam hall!
- Get into a good sleeping pattern early on in the study month.
- Start studying early, that way you will actually get a seat in the library and be able to take the night off! It's a win-win!
- For exams, I always brought water, a stimulant (Berocca/Coke/Lucozade/Red Bull), a six-square bar of Dairy Milk and a roll of Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles in with me. They are the perfect mix of stimulants! Also, don't forget tissues and coloured pens!
- Wear layers- it's not worth it being freezing/boiling over. No ballet flats- your feet will freeze!! Also, bring a hair tie.
- Keep money/car keys in your pencil case, I heard of too many peoples' belongings being stolen outside the hall to risk it!
- Most importantly arrive fifteen minutes early, find a quiet corner to study in, go to the toilet and straight in to your desk. :)
Best of luck, you'll do great!
Stay sweet! x