For St. Valentine's day I baked these in heart-shaped moulds and served these beauties hot from the oven, with strawberries, ice-cream and other tasty treats! They looked fab on a platter (made to share!) and even better when matched with little bowls of lovehearts, Hershey's kisses and Haribo hearts.
These heart-shaped moulds from Lidl, at under €4 were perfect for Valentine's baking!
I greased them as recommended but apparently they will be non-stick hereafter, fingers crossed!
The recipe is from odlums.ie
Makes approx 12 cupcakes.
6oz self-raising flour
4oz Caster sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 Jar of Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 190degrees Celcius.
- Line cupcake tray with cases.
- Put all of the ingredients (EXCEPT the Nutella) and beat until smooth.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the the prepared cases.
- Place a teaspoon of Nutella into the centre of each case.
- Cover with a spoon of mixture on top of the Nutella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until springy to touch. NB the knife test won't work with this recipe as the centre of the cupcake is supposed to be gooey!
- Serve immediately as lava cakes or allow cool on a wire rack for cupcakes.
Stay sweet! x