Sarah's amazing Danish buns are a real crowd pleaser and as she said on the show, don't let the yeast put you off- 15minutes in the oven and you'll be as popular as our guest!
- Whisk the egg yokes, sugar, vanilla sugar into a bowl.
- Boil the milk in a pot and whisk it into the eggmix.
- Pour the custard back into a pot and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Leave to cool.
50 g. sugar
1 tablespoon salt
175 g. soft butter in pieces
- Dissolve yeast into the milk. Add egg, sugar, salt, butter and flour.
- -Work the dough for ten minutes. To begin with it will be very moist and fall apart, but keep going and you will end up with a nice, firm dough ball.
- Leave the dough to raise for 30-45 mins.
- Roll the dough until it is 1 cm. thick. Cut squares of 10x10cm and place a tablespoon of custard in the middle of each square.
- Fold the squares into small sachets (if you fold the corners 8 times instead of 4, more custard will remain in the bun).
- Glaze the buns with egg, and bake in the oven for 15 mins at 200 degrees.