Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Copy Cat Cookies

One of my many weaknesses are Subway's chocolate chip cookies!! They have to be warmed, either in store, or at home in the microwave and eeeeeek at €2 for 3 let's just say obesity is on the horizon! I love love LOVE these cookies! I think I'm one of the only people who visits Subway and doesn't buy a Sub, only a cookie! :) 

Anyways, in my quest to copy the cookie I happened upon this recipe... I forewarn you, these are alas, not near as perfect as the fast-food variety but the heartwarming satisfaction of them being homemade makes up for this! 




The best thing about these is that the dough makes literally thirty cookies, and even better the cookies taste even yummier when made with yesterday's dough. So, when that loneliness hits after someone savages the last cookie, never fear! You can whip up another batch in a few minutes! 

If entertaining I would make the dough the night before and scoop out the cookies on the day, however they keep well in an airtight container so freshness isn't an issue either!

The recipe can be found here.

I still haven't found the perfect homemade recipe of the glorious Subway cookie... Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment